The Rockland County Continuum of Care is dedicated to preventing and eliminating homelessness while ensuring that an effective system of care and services is in place to respond to the needs of at-risk and homeless families and individuals.
The purpose of the Continuum of Care is to:
- Comply with HEARTH Act and the regulations promulgated there-under.
- To operate the Continuum of Care in compliance with HUD regulations.
- Promote inter-agency coordination and collaboration.
- Promote community wide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness.
- Promote access to and effective utilization of mainstream programs for homeless individuals and families.
- Optimize self-sufficiency among individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
Within this page, you will find detailed information about the Rockland County CoC.
____ CoC Committee Information ____
Performance and Evaluation Committee:
Responsible for reviewing the NOFA and annual progress reports of all participating agencies.
Point in Time Committee:
Responsible for the HUDs annual PIT/HIC counts and for aggregating and reporting the numbers.
System Collaboration Committee:
Responsible for ensuring that data informs the planning process and that this is in line with HUD’s priorities.
Coordinated Entry Committee:
Responsible for ensuring a community-wide method for assessing and placing people into housing and assessing homelessness or risk of homelessness.